Cosmos and prescribed design
The goal of design systems is to build cohesive, intuitive UX. But not all design systems work the same way.
Many enterprise design systems are plug-and-play— allowing designers to select UI elements and then assign functionality to those elements, thereby building workflows piece by piece. But this approach can result in a confusing and disjointed experience, leading to user confusion and a loss of productivity— and it takes longer to design and configure.
The Pega Cosmos design system works differently. Cosmos embraces prescribed design for designers, business architects and other non-technical application builders.
As a prescribed design system, Cosmos offers out-of-the-box, prebuilt, and pre-designed workflows, patterns, and components that work together to create productive user experiences. By embracing prescribed design, you can use Cosmos to build Pega applications without a professional developer. As a Cosmos designer, you focus on articulating the business logic and desired user outcomes— while Cosmos takes care of the UI design.
As a designer or business architect, the Cosmos approach will help you:
- Design and configure workflows that are proven to drive user action
- Focus more on the user's journey, not UI mechanics
- Avoid UI mistakes in your application
- Prototype, design, and configure your enterprise application much faster
- Get more value from your application, faster
With Cosmos, your users will:
- Get work done without distractions
- Learn your application quickly through familiar interaction patterns
- Have access to built-in accessibility and localization support
- Enjoy an elegant, efficient and beautiful application design
Learn more about Cosmos’ complete library of prescribed UI/UX patterns and components. Or, start designing with Cosmos.